These contest rules are specific to the above contest conducted by Entercom Boston, LLC, Entercom Providence, LLC and/or Entercom Springfield, LLC each d/b/a WEEI and/or WVEI (collectively, the “Station”). Except to the extent specifically set forth below with respect to this specific contest, the Station’s general contest rules apply to this contest as well. A copy of these specific rules and the Station’s general contest rules are available at the Station’s studio at 20 Guest Street, Brighton, MA 02135, 475 Kilvert Street, Suite 320 Warwick, RI 02886 and 326 Chicopee Street, Chicopee, MA 01013 during regular business hours and on the contest page on the Station’s website at: www.WEEI.com. To the extent that the Station’s general contest rules differ from these rules, these rules will govern and control with respect to this contest.
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter.
2. To enter, go to www.weei.com and the Events & Contests tab in the toolbar and select Contests. The WEEI Football Pick ‘Em Challenge Contest will be located under in this link. Complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone number, email address, phone number and confirmation that you are 18 years of age or older. You will also have option to have your Facebook profile pre-load applicable portions of the entry form but having a Facebook account is not required to enter this contest. You will also be required to create a free account with the game administrator, Upickem (or log into an existing account).
3. Entry into this contest opens on August 23, 2013 at 10amEST and closes on February 2, 2014 at 2 p.m. (“Contest Period”).
4. A “Contest Week” means Tuesday at 12:01am through the immediately following Monday at 11:59pm of each week or end of last game of the week, whichever is later. To participate in each week’s contest, you will need to visit your account at any time after Tuesday at 12:01am until fifteen (15) minutes before the last listed game of that week to make your picks for that week. You must select the team for each listed game for that week that you believe will be the winner of each pro football regular season and playoff season game and predict the score for the winning and losing teams for the designated tie-breaker game for that week. If you fail to select a winner for any listed game during any of the Contest Weeks, your pick (called a “Fan Pick”) will be the team that was selected by the majority of ALL participants that participate that week and your answer to any tie-breaker questions will be the average of the respective scores selected by ALL participants. “ALL participants” means all participants who use the Upickem software for the 2013 football pick’em game nationally, not just the entrants of this Station contest Entrants will have no right to dispute or contest that selection by the computer for any reason. However, any entrant with “Fan Picks” is not eligible to win if he/she fails to manually select a winner for more than one game in a given week and you are not eligible to win the grand prize if you failed to manually complete your picks for more than one game for at least 11 Contest Weeks.
5. You can make changes to your picks until 15 minutes before each applicable game.
How to Win
6. For each game winner an entrant correctly predicts, the entrant will receive points based on the following point schedule:
• Regular Season Games – 1 point
• Wild Card and Divisional Playoff Game – 4 points
• Conference Finals – 8 points
• Championship Game – 16 points
If a game is canceled, postponed or forfeited for any reason, or if a game ends in a tie, no points will be awarded for that game.
7. For each Contest Week, the entrant who had the most points for that Contest Week (subject to Section 4 above) will be that week’s contest winner, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the contest rules.
8. Subject to Section 4 above, the entrant with the highest total “Net Score” at the end of the season/contest will be deemed the grand prize winner, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the contest rules. An entrant’s total “Net Score” will be determined by subtracting the entrant’s four (4) lowest weekly scores from his/her total score for all 21 weeks of the season and playoffs.
9. In the event of a tie for a weekly prize, the tie breaker will be set forth as follows from among all tied participants using the tied entrants answer to the tie-breaker question for that week: (a) the score from the winning team will be subtracted from the actual score obtained by the winning team, and the difference multiplied by itself, (b) the Score from the losing team will be subtracted from the actual score obtained by the losing team, and the difference is multiplied by itself, (c) the result in (a) is added to the result in (b) to obtain the "Score Approximation." The participant with the lowest "Score Approximation" will be deemed the weekly winner.
10. In the event of a tie for the grand prize, the entrant with the lowest total "Score Approximation" for week 21, the championship game, will be declared the winner, then working back through the Score Approximations for each of the preceding weeks among all remaining tied entrants until the tie is broken and there is just one grand prize winner in this contest.
11. If a tie remains after the tiebreaker round, the winner will be chosen at random from amongst those still tied.
12. Being in a private group has no impact on winning in this contest. It is simply for entertainment purposes. The winner within any private group is not entitled to any prizes in this contest, unless they win in accordance with these contest rules from among all of the Station entrants.
13. There will be one (1) winner for each Contest Week (a total of (21) twenty-one weekly winners during this contest). Verified weekly winner will receive a $50 American Express Gift Card and a Kayem Grill Kit which includes grilling and dining utensils. Weekly prizes valued at $100 each.
14. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in this contest. The grand prize winner will win $2,000, payable via check within 30 days of the Grand Prize winner completing all eligibility and tax paperwork. Check can be claimed at 20 Guest Street, 3rd floor, Brighton, MA 02135. WEEI will contact winner when the check is ready to be claimed.
15. This contest is sponsored by Entercom Boston, LLC dba WEEI, and Kayem Foods.
Other Rules Specific to this Contest
16. For entertainment purposes only, one or more Station employees may talk about their picks and/or how they are doing in this contest. Such employees may appear on the Stats pages as entrants in this contest and/or winners or leaders in this contest. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in no event will any Station employee be an eligible participant in this contest and shall not be entitled to win any prizes in this contest. In the event that a Station employee is selected by the UPICKEM software as a winner, he/she shall be deemed ineligible and Station will manually award the entrant with the highest score(s) (as set forth above) to be winners in this contest.
17. Only one entry per UPICKEM account. Only one UPICKEM account per email address. Creating a UPICKEM account requires email verification.
18. All times are local Boston time. Entrants in the Station contest must be 18 or older and legal residents of MA, NH, CT, RI, ME or VT on date of entry.
19.. In addition to the rights granted to Station in the general contest rules, by entering this contest, entrants grant to Upickem and its affiliates the right to use and publish their proper name and state online and in print, or any other media, in connection with this Contest. Upickem and its affiliates reserve the right to use any and all information related to the Contest, including information on contestants obtained through the contest, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law. The Contest and all of the related pages, contents and code are copyright, Upickem, Inc., and/or its affiliates. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
21. Employees of Upickem and its affiliates, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising sponsors and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of each are not eligible to win in this Contest. not eligible.
22. This Contest is not intended to be used for gambling purposes. If it is determined that a participant is using the Contest for gambling purposes, he/she will be disqualified.